Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 200 , Mar 16, 2013
      Love for Love's Sake

      "Please don't do business in the name of love. The hubby
      looks at the wife and says, `Honey, I love you,' and then
      keeps on looking at her face. She should turn around and say,
      `Darling, I love you too.' And, if that honey refuses or fails
      or even hesitates to return that love, where will the honey go? Straight to the divorce lawyer. That means that I love you, but
      only if you love me. If you don't give your love, I won't love
      you anymore. Is that what you call love? In my language, it is business. That's why there is so much unhappiness in relationships, because we do business constantly. Let's not mistake business for
      love. Love for the joy of loving and you'll always enjoy.

      "God bless you. Om Shanti, Shanti, Shanti."
      Join Satchidananda Ashram's Satsang every Saturday evening

      and share the archive with friends.

      7:30pm Eastern, with Livestream

      new.livestream.com/yogaville
      Message 200 of 200 , Feb 9, 2016
        Watch your mind. Watch your breath. Become an observer, which is the key to Jnana Yoga. Don’t worry about particular techniques. Just sit back and observe the breath, mind, and thoughts. Just see what’s happening within you. Become a witness, which is a wonderful form of meditation. Be still and watch what is happening in your mind and in your body. Maybe you have been repeating a mantra or focusing on one object for a time. You may then relax and sit calmly and watch the mind; observe the peaceful vibrations that come. Listen to the silence completely. Observe your own brain. See how peaceful you are. The mind seems to be totally at rest. You might think the mind is almost asleep, yet you are still conscious of the whole thing. The body is resting. The breath has very much slowed. The mind is almost sleeping but you are aware of everything.

        Ask yourself, “Who is aware of them? What is this awareness? Who knows all these things? That is You, the Knower. You are totally different from your body, from your mind. You are the witness—what you call the Self, the pure Self—the witness of the body and mind. If you could maintain this witnessing constantly, still knowing you are the witness all the time, you would reach Self-awareness or

        Self-realization. Keep up this awareness, even in your day-to-day activities. When you are eating, when you are walking, and especially when you are distressed, you can still witness. You will constantly enjoy supreme peace. Through this practice you become the master of your own body and mind. You’ll walk through life like an undisturbed sage.