Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 196 , Mar 9, 2013
      Balancing Emotions

      "Emotional upsets are due mostly to our lack of understanding.
      If we use our reasoning, we won't get into emotional upsets.
      We shouldn't give room for upsets, but that doesn't mean that
      we should be completely free from emotions. Emotions work from
      the heart. We should be loving. We should have tender hearts, compassionate hearts, but not blind attachment. Heart and head
      should go together. The head alone will not help us much. In the
      same way, heart alone will not help much. Mere reasoning without
      any feeling will be of no use. We'll be machines, robots, that's
      all. There should be feeling and will; use your will to balance
      your feelings. They should go together.

      "God bless you. Om Shanti, Shanti, Shanti."

      Join Satchidananda Ashram's Satsang every Saturday evening

      and share the archive with friends.

      7:30pm Eastern, with Livestream

      new.livestream.com/yogaville
      Message 196 of 196 , May 8 12:51 PM

        What Would People Be Saying About You?

        "If you died this minute, what would people be saying about you? If the majority of people would feel sorry about your departure, if they would feel they had gotten a lot of help from you and that you hadn't hurt anyone, then certainly God is happy with you and the gates of Heaven are open to you.

        To get God's Grace means to get the grace of your neighbors. God doesn't need your worship and service directly. Worship the Creation, and you have worshiped God. Serve the Creation, and you have served God.

        Let us think of these points and see if we can do something to make our life a little better, a little more peaceful, a little more useful, If it not useful, at least let it be harmless. The essence of all religions is this: just be good and do good. Then God will be happy with you, and you will find real peace and joy in your life."

        Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi