Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 197 , Mar 2, 2013
      Live Your Meditation

      "Ultimately meditation should be lived all through
      the 24 hours of the day. It's not that you just meditate
      only in the morning or in the evening. Meditate on
      everything you do, on everything you think. When you
      talk, meditate on that. When you eat, meditate on that.
      When you sleep, meditate on that. So I say concentration
      should be on everything. When we eat, we don't seem to
      concentrate on eating. We are very busy doing business or
      talking about some serious world problem. When you eat,
      if you don't concentrate on eating, you don't know exactly
      what you ate and how much you ate. Concentrate on eating.
      Chew well. Swallow well. Drink all your solids. Eat all your liquids.

      "God bless you. Om Shanti, Shanti, Shanti."
      Join Satchidananda Ashram's Satsang every Saturday evening

      and share the archive with friends.

      7:30pm Eastern, with Livestream

      new.livestream.com/yogaville
      Message 197 of 197 , Today at 6:01 AM

        NOTHING LESS THAN THAT

        Just be happy, have fun, enjoy life and don't get caught. When I say, "don't get caught," I am not talking about someone else catching you. I am talking about your own mind. Choose the kind of fun that won't bind you. If a certain kind of fun will bring you unhappiness later on, then it's not fun at all. Our goal is unending joy.

        Sometimes people think that to be a spiritual seeker or a good, religious person means being always very serious. They think that such a person can't have fun, can't laugh. That is no kind of life. Life means being always joyful, always happy, jubilant. Every minute should be a celebration. Every minute should be a festivity. That is possible only if you keep your mind in good shape and don't allow it to get into mischief.

        Be conscious of all your actions. Before you do anything, question yourself: "What am I doing it for? To be happy, to have fun. Okay, will it be fun always or will it only be fun for a little while and then start creating problems? Will anyone be hurt by it? How long can I be happy? Will there be an end? What is the price I have to pay?" After all this analysis, if your answer is, "Yes. I will always be happy. It will never bind or bother me," then go ahead.

        Remember, our intention is to enjoy life, to be happy always-nothing less than that.

        Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi