Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 199 , Jan 26, 2013
      Desire to Be Desire-less

      "Someone once asked me: `Swamiji, isn't it a desire
      to be desire-less?' It is, but what is your desire?
      To become desire-less? If your desire is to become
      desire-less, you need at least one desire! Because
      only with a desire can we get rid of other desires.
      But select one desire that will remove all other
      desires and will go off by itself later on. If you
      wash your clothes with soap, you're in essence applying
      new-smelling dirt to remove the old, bad-smelling dirt.
      Then, once you put the clothes in water and rinse them,
      what happens? The old dirt goes and do you think the
      new dirt remains? No. That also goes. So, we call to
      one desire: `Come here, you seem to be a good desire.
      Come and play with the rest of my desires, take them out
      with you and you go too.' Then, you'll be desire-less.

      "God bless you. Om Shanti, Shanti, Shanti."

      Get the first Integral Yoga app for iPhone and iPad,
      available on iTunes.
      Search for The Daily Guru.
    • T Koenke Diaz
      Message 199 of 199 , May 23
        This is just so right on.  Thank you once again  :)