Re: hi need some advice (for fasting)

  • tapan chowdhury
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 20, 2013
      Fasting has got many benefits.First of all you are giving a respite to digestive system which seldom gets rest.Mentally you achieve that feat you can survive without food and water
      for a certain duration minimum 12 hours (standard time) .While fasting you dont feel like to talk unessential and your physical urge diminishes.
      Most importantly your mind become sharp and you can concentrate better.
      Tapan M Chowdhury
    • truthgold
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 20, 2013
        sir
        fasting means staying without solid food and with ordinary drinking water (or) Bael (Aegle marmelos) also known as Bengal quince added water (or) Ocimum tenuiflorum, also known as Holy Basil, tulsi water will be considered as fasting in hindu religion. it may depend some other thing in other religion.
        But, it is not correct taking juice at the time of fasting.
        Fasting is not a necessary thing to achieve spiritual capability.
        if, advised by teacher then only one need to stay in fast.
        But, as for my knowlege goes control over food item is needed in achieving "spiritual attainment" stages.

        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "candace_day@..." wrote:

        > I when some peoplengo on fast they avoid food and drink juices. I was just wondering is that really consider fasting because your giving and sor feeding of sugar if u get were I going with this and fastingnis supose to be a bout clensing and breaking bodies will

      • Ramesh Kumar Anand

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 22, 2013
            Avoid solid food, stick to liquids preferably no fruit juices even. Herbal water is fine. There is not much fancy footwork in fasting.
            There is no need for a guru to advise you on fasting. Fasting is pratised in various religions, in groups or singly. They are even practised by people who have rejected religion. It's good for the body and good for the spirit and you can do it without a guru and save a few bucks in the process.

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 23, 2013
              Mr. Ramesh.
              Thanks for sharing.Fasting one day will not cause so much of dehydration for 12 to 18 hours or even 24 hours. Well apparently though it sounds ok that it leads to low resistance to disease. But I feel shear mental toughness will overcome this issue and total body will be more aggressive to resist disease.
              Tapan