Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 197 , Jan 19, 2013
      The Solar System Within

      "We have a solar system within us. The body itself is
      a solar system; we have the sun within us. The inner
      sun is the sun of consciousness. With the inner consciousness,
      which we call the Self, Atman or the Atmic Sun, we understand everything. And just as the sun gives light and doesn't have
      any partiality but gives equally to everybody, the inner spirit,
      or Atman, just shines as pure consciousness itself. In the
      world of ignorance, which is darkness, the mind, which is
      our moon, receives the light of the consciousness (the Atma,
      or the sun) and reflects it on the worldly ignorance, the
      darkness. Once the real sunshine comes, the world will appear
      to be different—you see the entire world in a different way.
      That is the spiritual vision.

      "God bless you. Om Shanti, Shanti, Shanti."

      Join Satchidananda Ashram's Satsang every Saturday evening

      and share the archive with friends.

      7:30pm Eastern, with Livestream

      new.livestream.com/yogaville
      Message 197 of 197 , Today at 6:01 AM

        NOTHING LESS THAN THAT

        Just be happy, have fun, enjoy life and don't get caught. When I say, "don't get caught," I am not talking about someone else catching you. I am talking about your own mind. Choose the kind of fun that won't bind you. If a certain kind of fun will bring you unhappiness later on, then it's not fun at all. Our goal is unending joy.

        Sometimes people think that to be a spiritual seeker or a good, religious person means being always very serious. They think that such a person can't have fun, can't laugh. That is no kind of life. Life means being always joyful, always happy, jubilant. Every minute should be a celebration. Every minute should be a festivity. That is possible only if you keep your mind in good shape and don't allow it to get into mischief.

        Be conscious of all your actions. Before you do anything, question yourself: "What am I doing it for? To be happy, to have fun. Okay, will it be fun always or will it only be fun for a little while and then start creating problems? Will anyone be hurt by it? How long can I be happy? Will there be an end? What is the price I have to pay?" After all this analysis, if your answer is, "Yes. I will always be happy. It will never bind or bother me," then go ahead.

        Remember, our intention is to enjoy life, to be happy always-nothing less than that.

        Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi