Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 197 , Jan 12, 2013
      Spiritual Experience

      "What is spiritual experience? I can try to describe it,
      but it's something to be experienced. Imagine if I told you:
      `Go to such and such shop, give so much money, ask for this
      particular fruit. The shape will be like this, it will smell
      something like this, remove the skin, remove the seed,
      in between you have the fleshy part. Put it in the mouth,
      then you will know how tasty it is.' That is all I can say.
      If you tell me, `Oh, I can't just believe you unless you show
      me how the taste is. I can't take the trouble of going to the
      shop and buying it and cutting and everything. Unless you show
      me the taste, I won't try that.' But, unless you try the fruit,
      you won't understand the taste.

      "God bless you. Om Shanti, Shanti, Shanti."

      Inspiration Line

      Hear an inspiration message from Sri Swami Satchidananda
      by calling 434-WOW-GURU. New and improved software brings
      an even better sound quality and more reliable system.
      New message the first of each month. Call and be inspired
      any time and from anywhere you are.
      Message 197 of 197 , Today at 6:01 AM

        NOTHING LESS THAN THAT

        Just be happy, have fun, enjoy life and don't get caught. When I say, "don't get caught," I am not talking about someone else catching you. I am talking about your own mind. Choose the kind of fun that won't bind you. If a certain kind of fun will bring you unhappiness later on, then it's not fun at all. Our goal is unending joy.

        Sometimes people think that to be a spiritual seeker or a good, religious person means being always very serious. They think that such a person can't have fun, can't laugh. That is no kind of life. Life means being always joyful, always happy, jubilant. Every minute should be a celebration. Every minute should be a festivity. That is possible only if you keep your mind in good shape and don't allow it to get into mischief.

        Be conscious of all your actions. Before you do anything, question yourself: "What am I doing it for? To be happy, to have fun. Okay, will it be fun always or will it only be fun for a little while and then start creating problems? Will anyone be hurt by it? How long can I be happy? Will there be an end? What is the price I have to pay?" After all this analysis, if your answer is, "Yes. I will always be happy. It will never bind or bother me," then go ahead.

        Remember, our intention is to enjoy life, to be happy always-nothing less than that.

        Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi