Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 201 , Dec 22, 2012
      A Good Yogi

      "We all need Self-knowledge and, with that knowledge,
      we can make the best use of the mind and the senses,
      as well as all the talents and capabilities we've been
      given. First, know who you are: Who is the one who has
      gifts and talents? Know that first, and then you can
      feel that you have these gifts and you want to maintain
      them. First understand yourself: I am somebody, I have
      been given these gifts and I am enjoying them. I am not
      those things out there. I am separate; I am the owner
      of these things. That feeling should be there. Apply this
      to the mind too: I am the owner of the mind, I am not the
      mind. Sometimes the mind is playful, sometimes it's happy,
      sometimes it's unhappy. It's my mind that is happy or
      unhappy, not me. I'm different from the mind.

      "God bless you. OM Shanti, Shanti, Shanti.

      nspiration Line

      Hear an inspiration message from Sri Swami Satchidananda
      by calling 434-WOW-GURU. New and improved software brings
      an even better sound quality and more reliable system.
      New message the first of each month. Call and be inspired
      any time and from anywhere you are.
      Message 201 of 201 , Jul 24
        "When even one virtue becomes our nature, the mind becomes clean and tranquil. Then there is no need to practice meditation; we will automatically be meditating always."
        Sri Gurudev Swami Satchidananda