Re: [Meditation Society of America] Getting started

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 17, 2012
      Yo Douglas,
      I agree about TM being needlessly costly economically,
      but have no doubt it can be beneficial in many other ways.
      I know they may be in another part of Virginia, but I suggest
      considering checking out one of the certified Integral Yoga
      teachers for meditation lessons. The VA ones can be found here:

      http://iyta.org/teachers-directory/?search-context=STATE&search-term=VA&submit=go

      I may not be able to direct you to a specific teacher, but I do
      know that they were taught meditation as shared by one of the
      greatest meditation masters ever - Swami Satchidananda, whose
      Words of Wisdom have been posted here many times.

      Similarly, my wife and I have been to Yogaville many times
      and every time it has exceeded our expectations, and know
      first hand that the experiences we had there are beneficial
      and ever-after available to everyone who actually uses them.
      BTW, Yogaville itself is one of the most serene and beautiful
      places anywhere. There is no cult-like or religious obligation
      type pressure....just a sharing of wisdom as was taught by
      Swami Satchidananda. It would be well worth your going there
      for a class or perhaps a Saturday night Satsang.

      In any event, I wish you well in you quest to fill with meditative
      knowledge. It's the best thing you can do for your Self.