Re: [Meditation Society of America] Getting started

  • Douglas Darling
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 16, 2012
      Virginia Piedmont 45 miles West/South of DC. DD

      On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 8:34 AM, Michele Mitchell <mcmitch05@...> wrote:

      Have you thought about a class? What area do you live in?

      From: "douglasedarling" <douglasedarling@...>
      Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 12:40:54 -0000
      Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Getting started

      I would greatly appreciate advice on getting off on right foot in this meditation stuff. I have been to one lecture where the primary aim was to pick my pocket. A friend who is a yoga instructor has offered to work with me on initial TM techniques. What to do, what to do? DD

      --
      Douglas E. Darling
      Warrenton, VA 20186

      This Communication is privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient or the employee of agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, any dissemination or copying of this E‑mail is strictly prohibited. In case of failed or interrupted transmission, or if you have received this in error, please call (540) 270-9239. Also, please notify the sender that you have received this email communication in error. Thank you.
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 17, 2012
        Yo Douglas,
        I agree about TM being needlessly costly economically,
        but have no doubt it can be beneficial in many other ways.
        I know they may be in another part of Virginia, but I suggest
        considering checking out one of the certified Integral Yoga
        teachers for meditation lessons. The VA ones can be found here:

        http://iyta.org/teachers-directory/?search-context=STATE&search-term=VA&submit=go

        I may not be able to direct you to a specific teacher, but I do
        know that they were taught meditation as shared by one of the
        greatest meditation masters ever - Swami Satchidananda, whose
        Words of Wisdom have been posted here many times.

        Similarly, my wife and I have been to Yogaville many times
        and every time it has exceeded our expectations, and know
        first hand that the experiences we had there are beneficial
        and ever-after available to everyone who actually uses them.
        BTW, Yogaville itself is one of the most serene and beautiful
        places anywhere. There is no cult-like or religious obligation
        type pressure....just a sharing of wisdom as was taught by
        Swami Satchidananda. It would be well worth your going there
        for a class or perhaps a Saturday night Satsang.

        In any event, I wish you well in you quest to fill with meditative
        knowledge. It's the best thing you can do for your Self.