Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 201 , Dec 1, 2012
      Shine More

      "The same spirit is in everybody. The same current
      runs through everyone. But it's the bulb with the
      bigger filament that takes more current because of
      its construction; by consuming more current, it gives
      off more light. The illumination is measured according
      to the size of the bulb, but the current is the same.
      The divine current is common; it is not partial. It is
      given to one and all: a sinner or a saint, a yogi or a
      non-yogi. It is everybody's birthright. So, if you
      broaden your mind, you become a bigger bulb and you
      have a longer filament. Then you are able to attract
      more current to give out more light. It's not because
      the bulb is greater that the current wants to flow in more.
      The current has no decision like that. It's up to you — if
      you have a broad mind, purity of the mind, you draw more
      of the divine current and shine more.

      MAKE THE CALL:

      Hear monthly messages from Sri Swami Satchidananda on the
      Inspiration Line (434-WOW-GURU).
      Message 201 of 201 , Jul 24
        "When even one virtue becomes our nature, the mind becomes clean and tranquil. Then there is no need to practice meditation; we will automatically be meditating always."
        Sri Gurudev Swami Satchidananda