Re: The Undesirable Visitors by Paulo Coelho

  • walto
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 28, 2012
      I like this. It seems particularly good advice to internet users!

      But I don't really understand the opening "No doors" line. I mean, if there are no doors, thieves wouldn't be a problem even if there WERE valuables inside, would they? And it would be quite hard to give anything to those in need if everyone inside is locked in there. Besides, minds actually *do* have "doors" (of perception).

      Anyhow, it seems to me that it might be clearer if it opened with something like the simple, gracious "'How may I help you?' Shanti asked the visitor."

      Best,

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 28, 2012
        "walto" <calhorn@...> wrote:

        > I like this. It seems particularly good advice to internet users!
        >
        > But I don't really understand the opening "No doors" line. I mean, if there are no doors, thieves wouldn't be a problem even if there WERE valuables inside, would they? And it would be quite hard to give anything to those in need if everyone inside is locked in there. Besides, minds actually *do* have "doors" (of perception).
        >
        > Anyhow, it seems to me that it might be clearer if it opened with something like the simple, gracious "'How may I help you?' Shanti asked the visitor."
        >
        > Best,

        Yo Sri W,

        "Shanti" actually means Peace, and one of the teachings
        here is that in the "Peace Monastery", all is open and it's
        simply a play of Maya (Illusion) that things are good or
        bad, or important or unimportant, or any other mind chatter
        caused dualism. Yes, seemingly there are doors of perception,
        but in Reality, all things are infinite, eternal, divine and
        unified. So all one has to do to BE Shanti is to ignore that
        which is transitory and changing (in a way, going from door
        to door) and rest in the void, door-less, yet full.