Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 196 , Nov 10, 2012
      The Sun is Neutral

      "The sun shines without any like or dislike. Some people
      make use of the sun's light for their own good use; some
      people make use of it for bad purposes. With the help of
      the same sunlight any person can do any act, good or bad.
      If you make a good act using the sunlight and if you do
      something bad using the same sunlight, the blame will not
      go to the sun because it's neutral, just as anything is
      in nature and just as is God. God is nature and is neutral,
      without likes, dislikes or desires. So, it is up to us how
      we make use of what God has given to us. According to our
      mental purity, we take in the pure side, we make use of it
      for a better purpose. If we make use of it for a better
      purpose, we are benefited. If we use it for a wrong purpose,
      we are bound by that and, probably later, suffering comes.

      For much more by and about Swamiji:
      http://www.swamisatchidananda.org/
      Message 196 of 196 , May 8 12:51 PM

        What Would People Be Saying About You?

        "If you died this minute, what would people be saying about you? If the majority of people would feel sorry about your departure, if they would feel they had gotten a lot of help from you and that you hadn't hurt anyone, then certainly God is happy with you and the gates of Heaven are open to you.

        To get God's Grace means to get the grace of your neighbors. God doesn't need your worship and service directly. Worship the Creation, and you have worshiped God. Serve the Creation, and you have served God.

        Let us think of these points and see if we can do something to make our life a little better, a little more peaceful, a little more useful, If it not useful, at least let it be harmless. The essence of all religions is this: just be good and do good. Then God will be happy with you, and you will find real peace and joy in your life."

        Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi