Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 201 , Oct 21, 2012
      Without Expectation

      "When you do an act, if you have a personal motive
      behind it or if you expect a reward by that action,
      even before you start doing it, you build up tension.
      There is an expectation, there is anxiety. There is
      fear of losing something also. So you spoil the mind
      with which you are doing the action. Then the action
      itself is spoiled. Instead, if the mind is kept free
      from any expectation whatsoever and if your action is
      done just for the sake of action, for the sake of others,
      then that action is a perfect one.

      Follow Swami Satchidananda on Twitter at
      twitter.com/SwSatchidananda for daily inspiration.
      Message 201 of 201 , Jul 24
        "When even one virtue becomes our nature, the mind becomes clean and tranquil. Then there is no need to practice meditation; we will automatically be meditating always."
        Sri Gurudev Swami Satchidananda