Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 201 , Oct 13, 2012
      Peace Begins at Home

      “Peace should be found within oneself first.
      If you don’t have peace within yourself, you
      can’t find peace outside. Set the person right,
      and the world becomes all right. First you
      should have peace within yourself in order to
      see the peace outside. There’s a proverb:
      ‘Charity begins at home.’ Not only charity
      begins at home, but peace begins at home too.
      In the same way, hatred begins at home. Everything
      is in the mind, so by changing the mind we can easily
      change the world outside.

      “God bless you. OM Shanti, Shanti, Shanti.”

      Follow Swami Satchidananda on Twitter at
      twitter.com/SwSatchidananda for daily inspiration.
      Message 201 of 201 , Jul 24
        "When even one virtue becomes our nature, the mind becomes clean and tranquil. Then there is no need to practice meditation; we will automatically be meditating always."
        Sri Gurudev Swami Satchidananda