Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 201 , Sep 23, 2012
      A Simple Equation

      "Everything, even the world, outside is your projection.
      According to your mental condition, you see things in a
      particular way. If you see the city in which you live as
      a heavenly one, then there is a sort of heaven within you.
      If you see hell in the city, that is how your mind views it.
      So the world is nothing but your own projection. Everything
      begins from the mind. Within us is a godly element and a
      human element. If we remove the human side, we become divine.
      If we ignore the divine side we become human.
      So the mathematical equation will be:
      Divine + mind = human being. Human - mind = divine.
      If you don't attach to the mind or feel that you are
      the mind, then you'll feel the divine and you'll
      always be in heaven. That's the simple equation.

      Follow Swami Satchidananda on Twitter at
      twitter.com/SwSatchidananda for daily inspiration.
      Message 201 of 201 , Jul 24 4:21 PM
        "When even one virtue becomes our nature, the mind becomes clean and tranquil. Then there is no need to practice meditation; we will automatically be meditating always."
        Sri Gurudev Swami Satchidananda