Re: [Meditation Society of America] Words of Wisdom by G. I. Gurdjieff

  • ddaccounting@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 18, 2012
      Wow... very complex. Some of the statements shared make me think and bring me back to some of the questions I have yet to find an answer to:

      "In deep sleep all communication between centers is closed.
      Our sleep is bad because we do not cut off lines of communication. ".. I have read/heard that all things are the way they're supposed to be, that "all as is" is the devine plan..??

      "We have good and bad angels. The good angels work
      by way of our voluntary, active nature and the bad through
      our passive nature. "... why is there a duality?  .. why do we "need?" positive & negative, why is the one always trying to change the other?

      "Men have their minds and women their feelings more highly
      developed. Either alone can give nothing. Think what you
      feel and feel what you think. Fusion of the two produces
      another force."... which force is created by the fusion of feeling and mind?

      Thank you,

      Patricia Valle

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 19, 2012
        ddaccounting@... wrote:

        > Wow... very complex. Some of the statements shared make me think and bring me back to some of the questions I have yet to find an answer to:
        > "In deep sleep all communication between centers is closed.
        > Our sleep is bad because we do not cut off lines of communication. ".. I have read/heard that all things are the way they're supposed to be, that "all as is" is the devine plan..??
        > "We have good and bad angels. The good angels work
        > by way of our voluntary, active nature and the bad through
        > our passive nature. "... why is there a duality?  .. why do we "need?" positive & negative, why is the one always trying to change the other?
        > "Men have their minds and women their feelings more highly
        > developed. Either alone can give nothing. Think what you
        > feel and feel what you think. Fusion of the two produces
        > another force."... which force is created by the fusion of feeling and mind?
        > Thank you,
        >
        > Patricia Valle

        Yo Patricia,
        Gurdjieff taught that there are 3 forces that are the basis
        of "All and Everything". They are stated as the Law of Three:
        Holy-Affirming, Holy-Denying, Holy-Reconciling, and it is with
        the Reconciling force that the Universe activates fulness of
        Being. Too much Affirming or too much Denying causes states of
        disharmony, just as a radio only gets static unless tuned in
        "just right". So, he shared methods that placed one in this
        balanced Reconciling position, and potentially let the
        practitioner stay in this cosmic consciousness state.
        Another way of describing this is saying there are Active,
        Passive and Neutral forces, and this motif is found in many methodologies/religions......
        In Taoism the Reconciling/Neutral force would be the Tao,
        the line/point where they Yang and the Yin meet. In
        Christianity there is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit and the
        Son is the transforming energy. In Hinduism we find Brahma
        is the creator, Shiva is the destroyer, and Vishnu is the
        preserver.

        The moments we spend in this holy spiritual posture are
        when the evolution of our consciousness has the potential to
        happen. When we meditate and assume the "Witness of our life
        as it takes place position", without positive or negative
        commentary or mental, physical, emotional, or egoistic reaction
        is when the Reconciling energy erupts... and we have the
        potential to "live happily ever after".

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 19, 2012
          thank you... bob

          Patricia Valle