Satan Sells Used Objects

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 12, 2012
      Satan sells used objects
      by Paulo Coelho

      Needing to adapt to the new times, Satan decided
      to get rid of a whole lot of his stock of temptations.
      He placed an ad in the newspaper and attended his
      customers all day in his workshop.

      It was a fantastic stock: stones for the virtuous
      to stumble over, mirrors for increasing one's
      self-importance, and spectacles that reduced the
      importance of others. Some objects hanging on the
      wall drew a lot of attention: a dagger with a curved
      blade to be used on someone's back, and tape-recorders
      that registered only gossip and lies.

      - Don't worry about the price! – shouted old Satan to
      the potential customers. – Take it home today and pay
      for it whenever you can!

      One of the visitors noticed three tools lying in a
      corner that seemed to be quite worn and attracted
      little attention. But they were very expensive. Curious,
      he wanted to know the reason for that apparent discrepancy.
      - They are worn because they are the ones that I use
      most of all – answered Satan with a laugh. – If they
      drew a lot of attention, people would know how to
      protect themselves.

      - However, they are both worth the price I am asking
      for them: one is Doubt, the other is the Inferiority
      Complex, the third is Bitterness. All the other
      temptations can sometimes fail, but these three always work.
      permission from the copyright owner.
    • Sean
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 13, 2012

        Like it