Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 199 , Sep 1, 2012
      No End to Desires

      "If you create a small want in the mind,
      then when you are satisfied you say,
      `Oh I got it.' Once you fulfill it, you
      more or less erase that ripple, that
      impression, from the mind. So you get
      the balance again. If you try every time
      to adjust the mind by fulfilling its wants,
      there's no end. Even if you say, `Oh, this
      will be the last desire, the last thing I
      want and then no more,' how many hundreds
      of times would you have said that? You
      thought that by fulfilling your desires,
      by enjoying them, they can come to an end.
      It's something like adding more and more
      fuel, thinking you can put out the fire.
      Peace of mind cannot be found by giving into
      more and more desires. The more you enjoy
      them, the more you reconfirm and renew the desires.

      Inspiration Line

      Hear an inspiration message from Sri Swami Satchidananda
      by calling 434-WOW-GURU. New and improved software brings
      an even better sound quality and more reliable system.
      New message the first of each month. Call and be inspired
      any time and from anywhere you are.
    • T Koenke Diaz
      Message 199 of 199 , May 23
        This is just so right on.  Thank you once again  :)