Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 199 , Aug 25, 2012
      Quiet the Mind

      "How do we quiet the flow of thoughts? That's a very
      good practical question. When thoughts are rushing in,
      you can't just stop the thoughts immediately. Instead,
      develop one particular thought. Out of these thousands
      of thoughts, pick up one—a good thought that won't
      ultimately bind you—a prayer or a mantra, or a thought
      of a holy image or a holy person. The more you develop
      and strengthen that one thought, the more the other
      thoughts get weakened. By this development, one day you
      will see that you have only one thought and no other
      thoughts. This one thought, being a superior kind of
      thought, which will not bind you, ultimately loses its
      strength also, and you can become thoughtless.

    • T Koenke Diaz
      Message 199 of 199 , May 23
        This is just so right on.  Thank you once again  :)