Re: [Meditation Society of America] blackness while meditating

  • dhananjeyan manikka
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 7 9:01 PM
      Dear sir

                  Just giving a sentence doing meditation "feeling darkness covered". The person has to spell out what type of meditation he is adopting. 2. Thepersons is using any mantra "some magic words" in his meditation. 3. The place where he is doing the meditation and other experience etc.

      Any way positively speaking darkness is nothing but the representation of "God Kali".
      In million year old grantha says every thing is started where a place covered by darkness of darkness. The basic needed quality of anybody doing meditation is fearless character.

      In science the quantum mechanic Heisenberg uncertainity principle and schordenger equation also indicate negative sea of energy nothing but explanation of darkness only.

      why are you afraiding by seeing a dark feeling . go head consult nearby person do it properly. what mistake identify don't get panic

      Thankyou
      dhan

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 11 2:16 PM
        "dlonepilgrim" <dlonepilgrim@...> wrote:

        > Hi, I am new here. A friend who has started meditating about 2 years ago, came to me with a problem. Since I have never experienced this, I could not explain it or help him. May be someone here can throw some light on this.
        >
        > He seems to 'see' or experience absolute darkness or blackness while meditating, and gets frightened.He is not able to continue because of the fear.
        >
        > dlonepilgrim

        Yes, it is not that uncommon to have an experience that is
        off-putting while meditating. There are lots of ways to deal
        with this like trying to face the fear or understand just "who"
        is being afraid, etc., but perhaps it would just be more
        beneficial to simply try a different technique than the one
        during which the "bad" experience took place. I suggest
        that your friend check out the methods found on the Archive
        section of our site http://www.meditationsociety.com/archive.html
        and if one or more seem to call to them, actually try to do it.
        There is light within and to erase any darkness, we just have
        to initiate an intention for it to shine. Meditation is the
        safest and most proven (en)lightening instrument.
      • cris angel
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 11 4:30 PM

          Hey Bob....is there a donation page for the Society ?

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 12 2:28 PM
            cris angel <cris528hz@...> wrote:

            > Hey Bob....is there a donation page for the Society ?

            Yo Cris,
            We have purposely never solicited donations,
            but do receive them. This usually comes via
            checks sent to the
            Meditation Society of America
            PO Box 126
            Wagontown PA 19326
            or via Paypal using medit8@...
            BUT... we have never had a desire to "go there" in any
            overt way via the forum (this is the 1st time this has
            ever been mentioned here) or by having any mention
            of donations on our site. If others do so, then fine
            and no problem, and if not, that's equally good.
            Our purpose is not to be a financial success. It is and
            will always be ... to freely offer ways people can evolve
            in consciousness.
            Thanks for your mentioning this as it shows a "thank you"
            and that itself is a great and generous donation.

            > On Aug 11, 2012 2:16 PM, "medit8ionsociety" <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
            > wrote:
            >
            > > **
            > >

            > > "dlonepilgrim" <dlonepilgrim@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hi, I am new here. A friend who has started meditating about 2 years
            > > ago, came to me with a problem. Since I have never experienced this, I
            > > could not explain it or help him. May be someone here can throw some light
            > > on this.
            > > >
            > > > He seems to 'see' or experience absolute darkness or blackness while
            > > meditating, and gets frightened.He is not able to continue because of the
            > > fear.
            > > >
            > > > dlonepilgrim
            > > >
            > > Yes, it is not that uncommon to have an experience that is
            > > off-putting while meditating. There are lots of ways to deal
            > > with this like trying to face the fear or understand just "who"
            > > is being afraid, etc., but perhaps it would just be more
            > > beneficial to simply try a different technique than the one
            > > during which the "bad" experience took place. I suggest
            > > that your friend check out the methods found on the Archive
            > > section of our site http://www.meditationsociety.com/archive.html
            > > and if one or more seem to call to them, actually try to do it.
            > > There is light within and to erase any darkness, we just have
            > > to initiate an intention for it to shine. Meditation is the
            > > safest and most proven (en)lightening instrument.
            > > Peace and blessings,
            > > Bob

          • walto
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 13 8:55 AM
              Hi.

              As there is nothing intrinsically scary about darkness or blackness (after all, we have our eyes closed when we're asleep), my sense is that what your friend is experiencing is generalized anxiety. That is, he is not distracted by people, TV, etc., so anxiety sets in, and he experiences it as fear of darkness.

              I would suggest looking into types of meditation that might help him figure out what's bothering him. The type I often recommend is the "Thousand Petaled Lotus" which is in some ways similar to Freudian free-association. But it is also important to be relaxed. Most types of meditation are calming, but as he gets afraid when his eyes are closed, he might try focusing on a mandala.

              Good luck.