Re: [Meditation Society of America] Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

  • ddaccounting@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 193 , Aug 6, 2012
      Thank you :)

      Patricia Valle

      --- On Sat, 8/4/12, medit8ionsociety <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      From: medit8ionsociety <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda
      To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, August 4, 2012, 6:43 PM

      Mantra is a Mystic Word

      "The mind should dwell on a mantra and its vibrations
      so that it will not divert its attention to anything
      else. The more you repeat the mantra, the more you
      produce that sound vibration within you. After some
      time, even without your conscious repeating, you will
      be able to feel the vibration within. In other words,
      you can hear the sound of the mantra within you and
      that will be a sort of hold for you to get into the
      higher vibrations. That is why a mantra is a mystic
      word, which has its own special vibration and, by
      developing that vibration in you, you are developing
      a certain kind of wavelength and you will be able to
      attract that kind of wavelength from the cosmos.

      Hear monthly messages from Sri Swami Satchidananda
      on the Inspiration Line (434-WOW-GURU).

      Message 193 of 193 , Dec 25, 2014

        Question: I have a growing desire to see God. It has become the thing I want most. But no matter how much I long for Him, my worldly duties and needs get in the way. Can you help me?

        Sri Swami Satchidananda: How do you know that you have not seen Him? I heard Him saying, "I have been in front of this person so many times, but he never even recognized Me. He was calling, calling, calling for Me. So I went there many times, stood right in front of him, and he didn't even bother to look at Me. He just brushed Me aside and kept on saying, 'God, where are You? Where are You?'"

        Before you look for God, you should know what He looks like, or at least what God is. God has no particular form, but He appears in all forms and names. It is with His consciousness that I am saying all these things; and with His consciousness, you are listening. To simplify it, we say that God is all consciousness - superconsciousness, cosmic consciousness - or peace. God is already there in you as peace, but you disturb your peace by searching for God. Stop searching and disturbing your peace, and you will experience God. A disturbed mind can never understand God. Looking for God is not our first and foremost duty. Our first and foremost duty is to take care not to let the mind lose its peace. You don't have to make the mind peaceful. If you leave it alone, it is peaceful. In our own lives we should see that we don't lose our peace due to our thoughts, words, actions.

        Learn to remain undisturbed, unshakeable, as steady as the Rock of Gibraltar. You should treasure the peace of your mind so much that nothing, nothing, nothing would shake you. You should be ready to renounce anything and everything that is going to disturb your peace. Name, fame, money, power, position, relatives, friends - all should be secondary to maintaining your peace. Everything else is nothing compared to peace of mind. With that peace, you will easily see God.

        Om shant. Om shanti. Om shanti.