Re: [Meditation Society of America] Breathing from the pelvis and benafits

  • dhananjeyan manikka
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 25 10:45 PM
      Dear sir/madam
                              The breathing from the pelvis called "kumbagam " by controlling such way of breathing inhaling -- stopping inside(keeping standstill)--exhaling with proper timing leads to improve your health condition and after some stage will improve the brain capability.
      A very long practice leads to control your body in all type of condition.

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 26 6:23 AM
        dhananjeyan manikka <dhanmvt1@...> wrote:

        > Dear sir/madam
        > Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â The breathing from the pelvis called "kumbagam " by controlling such way of breathing inhaling -- stopping inside(keeping standstill)--exhaling with proper timing leads to improve your health condition and after some stage will improve the brain capability.
        > A very long practice leads to control your body in all type of condition.

        Yes, and one interesting thing I came across years ago
        was that a traditional belief about "Kumbhaka" is
        that the time you spend with your breath held while
        doing Kumbhaka will be added to your life.
        The theory behind this method is that fully filling
        your lungs and then holding it allows the red blood cells
        to absorb the oxygen completely and distribute it throughout
        every cell and organ in your body. Similarly, then exhaling
        fully lets the CO2 and other waste products leave your body
        thus cleansing you effectively. Thanks Sri Dhananjeyan for
        your pointing to this ancient very beneficial practice.