Re: Breathing from the pelvis and benafits

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 25 9:15 AM
      "candace_day@..." <candace_day@...> wrote:

      > what is the name from reathing from the pelvis
      called(the acurate termonology for it) and what
      are the benafits

      "Pelvic breathing" is associated in the Kundalini Yoga
      tradition with the 1st and 2nd Chakras, which are
      situated in the pelvic and lower abdomen area. You've asked before about Kundalini influenced methods and as pointed out
      before, their potential benefits are depending on
      whether you are available to receive them and the quality
      of the source they are coming from. I have no doubt that
      they, like all pranayama (breathing) techniques, can
      lift one out of the unconscious rote-like unaware state
      as well as bring one towards greater physical, mental
      and emotional health.
      I wish you well.

      "Every breath is a gift of love from above.
      Fill with this love with every inhale and
      send it out with every exhale."

      Kir Li Molari (from our web site's Words of Wisdom section
      http://www.meditationsociety.com/words.html
    • dhananjeyan manikka
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 25 10:45 PM
        Dear sir/madam
                                The breathing from the pelvis called "kumbagam " by controlling such way of breathing inhaling -- stopping inside(keeping standstill)--exhaling with proper timing leads to improve your health condition and after some stage will improve the brain capability.
        A very long practice leads to control your body in all type of condition.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 26 6:23 AM
          dhananjeyan manikka <dhanmvt1@...> wrote:

          > Dear sir/madam
          > Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â The breathing from the pelvis called "kumbagam " by controlling such way of breathing inhaling -- stopping inside(keeping standstill)--exhaling with proper timing leads to improve your health condition and after some stage will improve the brain capability.
          > A very long practice leads to control your body in all type of condition.

          Yes, and one interesting thing I came across years ago
          was that a traditional belief about "Kumbhaka" is
          that the time you spend with your breath held while
          doing Kumbhaka will be added to your life.
          The theory behind this method is that fully filling
          your lungs and then holding it allows the red blood cells
          to absorb the oxygen completely and distribute it throughout
          every cell and organ in your body. Similarly, then exhaling
          fully lets the CO2 and other waste products leave your body
          thus cleansing you effectively. Thanks Sri Dhananjeyan for
          your pointing to this ancient very beneficial practice.