Re: [Meditation Society of America] Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

  • ddaccounting@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 199 , Jul 23, 2012
      thank you

      Patricia Valle

      --- On Sat, 7/21/12, medit8ionsociety <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      From: medit8ionsociety <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda
      To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, July 21, 2012, 8:17 PM

      A Divine Mind

      "A clean and controlled mind becomes a
      divine mind. It draws the entire capacity
      of the Self of the individual. The Self is
      the image of God. You are made in the image
      of the divine. That means we have God within
      us. In that case, we should have all the
      capacities of God, but we don't seem to
      because of the improper instrument through
      which the divine potentialities are to be
      expressed. The power is there, the light is
      there, but it's not expressing itself because
      of the enclosure. The mind and the body are
      such enclosures. Imagine there is a candle
      burning. If there is a dark smoky chimney
      placed around it, it will not allow the light
      to shine forth. Clean the smoke, and you will
      see some light. Clean the mind and you'll see the divine.

      Follow Swami Satchidananda on Twitter at
      twitter.com/SwSatchidananda for daily inspiration.

    • T Koenke Diaz
      Message 199 of 199 , May 23
        This is just so right on.  Thank you once again  :)