A Way to Start a Meditation Session

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2012
      Reposted by request:

      A Way to Start a Meditation Session:

      Place yourself in an environment that is quiet and
      pleasant and in a position that is comfortable for
      you, but not so much so that you will fall asleep.
      Starting with your feet and going upwards, mentally
      scan you body and command any areas that have tension
      to relax. Say firmly to your Self:

      Mind: Don't bother me during this meditation. No judging,
      comparing, or comments that distract me. I will stay
      silent and without any inner chatter that takes my focus
      away from the object of meditation. If I do get distracted,
      I will witness this and say "Oh well", and return to
      the meditation.

      Body: No itching, twitching. No painful or pleasant
      sensations or any physical actions or reactions that
      distract me. I will simply relax and not take my focus
      away from the object of meditation. If I do get distracted,
      I will witness this and say "Oh well", and return to
      the meditation.

      Emotions: No sadness or joy. No depression or elation.
      No mood swings or any other emotional actions or reactions
      that distract me. I will be calm, and serene and not take