Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 196 , Jul 7, 2012
      Going Deep in Meditation

      "Many people disturb their meditation. They don't
      seem to go deep in their meditation because they
      expect something to happen immediately. They wait
      for certain visions, or whatever things they've
      read about in a book. The moment they close their
      eyes, `Oh, this must happen, that must happen,
      I read it in the book.' So they put up a barrier,
      they become tense and the very tension disturbs
      the meditation. That's why, even in the name of
      meditation, you should not have any expectation.
      Let it come, do your practice and leave the rest
      to happen. Just pour the water on the seed you've
      planted and leave it. The root will grow in time.
      We should not disturb it. Our very expectation, our
      haste in getting the root and the fruit, disturbs the seed.

      Message 196 of 196 , May 8 12:51 PM

        What Would People Be Saying About You?

        "If you died this minute, what would people be saying about you? If the majority of people would feel sorry about your departure, if they would feel they had gotten a lot of help from you and that you hadn't hurt anyone, then certainly God is happy with you and the gates of Heaven are open to you.

        To get God's Grace means to get the grace of your neighbors. God doesn't need your worship and service directly. Worship the Creation, and you have worshiped God. Serve the Creation, and you have served God.

        Let us think of these points and see if we can do something to make our life a little better, a little more peaceful, a little more useful, If it not useful, at least let it be harmless. The essence of all religions is this: just be good and do good. Then God will be happy with you, and you will find real peace and joy in your life."

        Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi