Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 199 , Jul 7, 2012
      Going Deep in Meditation

      "Many people disturb their meditation. They don't
      seem to go deep in their meditation because they
      expect something to happen immediately. They wait
      for certain visions, or whatever things they've
      read about in a book. The moment they close their
      eyes, `Oh, this must happen, that must happen,
      I read it in the book.' So they put up a barrier,
      they become tense and the very tension disturbs
      the meditation. That's why, even in the name of
      meditation, you should not have any expectation.
      Let it come, do your practice and leave the rest
      to happen. Just pour the water on the seed you've
      planted and leave it. The root will grow in time.
      We should not disturb it. Our very expectation, our
      haste in getting the root and the fruit, disturbs the seed.

    • T Koenke Diaz
      Message 199 of 199 , May 23 7:52 AM
        This is just so right on.  Thank you once again  :)