is the risk to kundalni breathring (part two)

  • candace_day@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 6, 2012
      does the breathe of fire help control emotion or strengthens will if not which meditation technique can?
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 7, 2012
        "candace_day@..." <candace_day@...> wrote:

        > does the breathe of fire help control emotion or strengthens will if not which meditation technique can?

        Yo Candace,
        I think the Breath of Fire technique is mostly seen
        to be a cleansing technique to add oxygen to your system
        and release tension. If this results in doing just that
        I guess we could say it is safe and beneficial. But if it
        doesn't deal with your paranoia, as I have to assume it has
        not, then for that purpose it isn't functional. As a medical
        professional I have to point you first to seek a Psychiatrist
        and a Psychologist. There are medications and therapies that
        perhaps offer a much greater potential to help with your
        stated issue than just meditation alone. But I definitely
        feel that meditation is a tremendous help towards good
        mental and emotional health. Being in touch with your "Inner
        Witness" that recognizes paranoia enveloping you in its
        suffering-causing grasp is a beneficial step towards responding
        to those moments in a non-reactive observing without fear way.
        And medication, therapy, and meditation all can help this
        process be your default setting.
        I also suggest considering trying different techniques than Kundalini-based ones. I previously pointed you towards the
        Daily Lama technique and I feel Affirmations and other methods
        may also be beneficial. The way to judge if what you are
        doing is "good" is to see if it brings you peace. And if
        it takes your peace away, it is "bad". The Breath of Fire
        seems to have made you paranoid about its safe use and
        thus is probably....for you .... not good. For others, it
        may be the best thing they ever do. But for sure, to know
        which technique is the right one for you, you must actually
        "try it - you'll like it".
        I wish you well.