May we be forgotten

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2012
      by Paulo Coelho

      At the Sceta monastery, the abbot Lucas gathered
      the monks for the sermon.

      - May you never be remembered – he said.

      - What do you mean? – replied one of the brothers.
      – May our example not help those who might need it?

      - In the days when everything was just, no one paid
      attention to exemplary people – answered the abbot.
      – Everyone gave their best, without pretensions, and
      so fulfilled their duty to their fellow men.
      "They loved their neighbor because they understood that
      this was part of life, and they thought nothing of
      respecting a law of nature.
      "They shared their possessions in order not to accumulate
      more than they could carry, since journeys last a lifetime.
      "They lived together in freedom, giving and receiving,
      without demanding or blaming anything on others.
      "That is why their deeds were not handed down, and there
      is no story known about them.

      "I hope we can achieve the same thing in the present:
      to make goodness such a common thing, that there is no
      need to exalt those who practice it."
      of your own that go beyond fair use, you must