Re: what is a meditation technique that can help remove paranioa

  • walto
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 15, 2012
      I like the "thousand-petaled lotus" technique described in Le Shan's little "How to Meditate" book. I've posted a couple of paragraphs from it previously here, and there's a discussion of how it can be used to help with anxiety in my own book (_The Perennial Solution Center_), but as I'm not at home now, I can't provide any excerpts at this time.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 15, 2012
        "candace_day@..." <candace_day@...> wrote:

        > i know there one that balck smoke technique i dont remeber how it goes if any know what im talking about refresh mewhere picture the a could black smoke u inhale but i dont remeber the last part) ut any one know any techniques to meditation techniques tor rmeove paranioa please let me know

        Yo Candace,
        I don't know the specific black smoke method, but do
        have confidence that the technique below (copied from
        our web site http://www.meditationsociety.com/week6.html )
        can bring an end to paranoia and to all other suffering-
        causing mind chatter. But, as with all meditations, you
        must not just read or think about them, you actually have
        to do them with perseverance and a real dedication to
        evolving in consciousness/self knowledge/truth/etc.
        I wish you well.

        The Dalai Lama Meditation

        The Dalai Lama has been acknowledged by Tibetan Buddhists
        to be a reincarnation of the God of Compassion and by the
        world in general to be a Nobel Peace Prize winner but few
        know him to be a practicing meditator. All his life, he
        has been surrounded by masters of meditation and has been
        initiated into many different techniques. It is therefore
        appropriate that we pay attention when he points out one
        method so valuable that he does it everyday:

        Remember when you were a kid and they often had cartoons
        where someone had a devil on one shoulder and an angel
        on the other and they were whispering into an ear -- one
        encouraging doing "bad" and one doing "good". In a way,
        that's the basis of the Dalai Lama Meditation technique.

        Sit quietly, calmly with eyes closed, as relaxed yet aware
        as you can be. Visualize yourself on the left side of your
        minds eye as you would appear to yourself and others in a
        moment of impatience. Really see this inner vision. Watch
        your face, observe your body language. What does your
        impatient self look like? On the right side of your minds
        eye, see yourself when you are very patient. What do you
        look like when you have a lifetime of time. As tense as you
        appeared on the left as your impatient self, see yourself
        as relaxed in your patience on the right. Now on the left
        side, see yourself as you appear when you're depressed.
        Look carefully. How does that make you feel? Can you be aware
        of the aura of doom and gloom you're radiating? And then,
        on the right side of your minds eye, see yourself as you
        are when you're joyous. Merge with that happiness. Know how
        others would see you.

        Continue seeing all the seemingly negative feelings and
        behaviors on the inner left-hand side of your minds eye
        and the opposite on the right. On the left, see yourself
        as jealous and on the right as how you appear when you are
        truly glad for someone else's sucess or happiness. On the
        left, see the bigoted you and on the right, the all-embracing.
        On the left the mean, on the right the sweet. See the stupid
        you and the brilliant. See the clumsy and the graceful.
        On the left, see the unsatisfied and on the right, the contented.

        Go on and on, becoming familiar with the "you" on the left
        and the opposite "you" on the right. Then see the total
        "you" who would be there on the left if none of the
        characteristics of the right side were present. Now see
        the "you" who would be the totality of yourself with the
        right side only if none of the behaviors and feelings of
        the left side "you" had ever appeared.

        The Dalai Lama tells us that there is nothing else necessary
        because just by seeing your negative left-side self, you
        will become so disgusted with yourself when you witness
        yourself acting in any of the left side ways that you will automatically cease any of those actions and start doing
        and feeling the right-side actions. Eventually, you will
        become the right-side you exclusively. Eventually, you will
        have peace, compassion, wisdom, good health, patience, and
        all the other glorious aspects of life.

        This technique has the potential to change your life profoundly
        for the better. It is one of the best antidotes for negativity.
        It is consistent with his unlimited compassion that the
        Dalai Lama has shared it with us.