what is a meditation technique that can help remove paranioa

  • candace_day@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 14, 2012
      i know there one that balck smoke technique i dont remeber how it goes if any know what im talking about refresh mewhere picture the a could black smoke u inhale but i dont remeber the last part) ut any one know any techniques to meditation techniques tor rmeove paranioa please let me know
    • walto
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 15, 2012
        I like the "thousand-petaled lotus" technique described in Le Shan's little "How to Meditate" book. I've posted a couple of paragraphs from it previously here, and there's a discussion of how it can be used to help with anxiety in my own book (_The Perennial Solution Center_), but as I'm not at home now, I can't provide any excerpts at this time.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 15, 2012
          "candace_day@..." <candace_day@...> wrote:

          > i know there one that balck smoke technique i dont remeber how it goes if any know what im talking about refresh mewhere picture the a could black smoke u inhale but i dont remeber the last part) ut any one know any techniques to meditation techniques tor rmeove paranioa please let me know

          Yo Candace,
          I don't know the specific black smoke method, but do
          have confidence that the technique below (copied from
          our web site http://www.meditationsociety.com/week6.html )
          can bring an end to paranoia and to all other suffering-
          causing mind chatter. But, as with all meditations, you
          must not just read or think about them, you actually have
          to do them with perseverance and a real dedication to
          evolving in consciousness/self knowledge/truth/etc.
          I wish you well.

          The Dalai Lama Meditation

          The Dalai Lama has been acknowledged by Tibetan Buddhists
          to be a reincarnation of the God of Compassion and by the
          world in general to be a Nobel Peace Prize winner but few
          know him to be a practicing meditator. All his life, he
          has been surrounded by masters of meditation and has been
          initiated into many different techniques. It is therefore
          appropriate that we pay attention when he points out one
          method so valuable that he does it everyday:

          Remember when you were a kid and they often had cartoons
          where someone had a devil on one shoulder and an angel
          on the other and they were whispering into an ear -- one
          encouraging doing "bad" and one doing "good". In a way,
          that's the basis of the Dalai Lama Meditation technique.

          Sit quietly, calmly with eyes closed, as relaxed yet aware
          as you can be. Visualize yourself on the left side of your
          minds eye as you would appear to yourself and others in a
          moment of impatience. Really see this inner vision. Watch
          your face, observe your body language. What does your
          impatient self look like? On the right side of your minds
          eye, see yourself when you are very patient. What do you
          look like when you have a lifetime of time. As tense as you
          appeared on the left as your impatient self, see yourself
          as relaxed in your patience on the right. Now on the left
          side, see yourself as you appear when you're depressed.
          Look carefully. How does that make you feel? Can you be aware
          of the aura of doom and gloom you're radiating? And then,
          on the right side of your minds eye, see yourself as you
          are when you're joyous. Merge with that happiness. Know how
          others would see you.

          Continue seeing all the seemingly negative feelings and
          behaviors on the inner left-hand side of your minds eye
          and the opposite on the right. On the left, see yourself
          as jealous and on the right as how you appear when you are
          truly glad for someone else's sucess or happiness. On the
          left, see the bigoted you and on the right, the all-embracing.
          On the left the mean, on the right the sweet. See the stupid
          you and the brilliant. See the clumsy and the graceful.
          On the left, see the unsatisfied and on the right, the contented.

          Go on and on, becoming familiar with the "you" on the left
          and the opposite "you" on the right. Then see the total
          "you" who would be there on the left if none of the
          characteristics of the right side were present. Now see
          the "you" who would be the totality of yourself with the
          right side only if none of the behaviors and feelings of
          the left side "you" had ever appeared.

          The Dalai Lama tells us that there is nothing else necessary
          because just by seeing your negative left-side self, you
          will become so disgusted with yourself when you witness
          yourself acting in any of the left side ways that you will automatically cease any of those actions and start doing
          and feeling the right-side actions. Eventually, you will
          become the right-side you exclusively. Eventually, you will
          have peace, compassion, wisdom, good health, patience, and
          all the other glorious aspects of life.

          This technique has the potential to change your life profoundly
          for the better. It is one of the best antidotes for negativity.
          It is consistent with his unlimited compassion that the
          Dalai Lama has shared it with us.