The song of the child

  • Sandeep
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 14, 2012

      When a woman of a certain African tribe, knows she is pregnant, goes to the jungle with other women,
      and together they pray and meditate until they get to
      "The song of the child."

      When a child is born, the community gets together and they sing their song.

      Thus, when the child begins his education, people get together and he sings his song.

      When you become an adult, they get together again and sing.

      When it comes to your wedding, the person hears his song.

      Finally, when your soul is going from this world, family and friends are approaching and,

      like his birth, sing their song to accompany it in the "journey".

      In this African tribe, there is another occasion when men sing the song.

      If at some point the person commits a crime or aberrant social act, take you to the center of town

      and the people of the community form a circle around her.

      Then they sing "your song."

      The tribe recognizes that the correction for antisocial behavior is not punishment,

      is the love and memory of his true identity.

      When we recognize our own song, since we have no desire

      or need to hurt anyone.

      Tolba Phanem; African poet
    • ddaccounting@sbcglobal.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 16, 2012
        Bautiful, I feel we all the tribes from around the world would do good in emulating this practice.

        Thank you,

        Patricia