Re: Novice Question

    Message 1 of 197 , Feb 22, 2002
      Hi - First of all, thanks for your gracious and
      kind comments. Yes, I am an RN and have been one for
      20 years. I am presently working at 2 hospitals as a
      psychiatric nurse and also work at a drug and alcohol
      facility. As far as using a timer, it's 100% OK in the
      meditation tradition, and now that we have them in clock
      radios as well as quartz powered table versions, it
      shouldn't be a problem finding one that doesn't make
      distracting noises. Now about driving... I always meditate
      while driving exactly due to my natural tendency
      towards road rage. I was road-raging a long time before
      it became popular. As I started increasing in
      actually meditativly Witnessing my life as it took place,
      the idiocy of getting upset while driving, or ever,
      became apparant to me, and I soon replaced it with
      serenity using breath awareness techniques. Now I think
      it's really funny when I get angry, or anything
      negative, and I never let those thoughts continue. I just
      Witness myself having them, laugh at myself, say "oh,
      well", and go back to my meditation. And since I've
      changed to this saner mode, I've lived much happier ever
      after. Oh yeah - of course my daughter knows you. She
      told me where you're nursing and it's actually quite
      near to both our classes at MCCC and to the Haverford
      classes. Please consider attending them as my guest.
      Thanks again, Bob
    • eveneon
      Message 197 of 197 , Jun 9, 2002
        wrote: