Why Meditate Now and Always

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 9, 2012
      If you are at the top of a hill and roll a ball
      down the hill, when it reaches the bottom, it is
      understandable why the ball now is on the ground
      and not still up the hill. The "cause" is realized
      as to the actions that preceded the end result.
      Similarly, when we are feeling grouchy, angry, sad, and
      so on, if we look within, we can see the circumstances
      that caused these negative feelings. And as soon as we have
      realized the cause, we are no longer blindly trapped in
      its spider web of suffering. We then have the potential
      of cleanly and clearly being outside our identification
      with the negativity. Mindfulness brings this web-shattering
      option to our lives very well. So, it is suggested that
      when not sitting in "formal" meditation, that you continue
      being awake to the events of your life as they take place,
      and if you do not simply remain in silent awareness, analyze
      the cause of your present presence. As Kir Li Molari once said:
      "Once you realize your have been banging your head against
      a wall, you can stop. And this will surely end the headache."

    • Aideen Mckenna
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 9, 2012

        Thanks, Bob.  Exactly what I needed to read today.

        ..Aideen

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 9, 2012

          Thanks Brother Bob

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 10, 2012

            > If you are at the top of a hill and roll a ball
            > down the hill, when it reaches the bottom, it is
            > understandable why the ball now is on the ground
            > and not still up the hill. The "cause" is realized
            > as to the actions that preceded the end result.
            > Similarly, when we are feeling grouchy, angry, sad, and
            > so on, if we look within, we can see the circumstances
            > that caused these negative feelings. And as soon as we have
            > realized the cause, we are no longer blindly trapped in
            > its spider web of suffering. We then have the potential
            > of cleanly and clearly being outside our identification
            > with the negativity. Mindfulness brings this web-shattering
            > option to our lives very well. So, it is suggested that
            > when not sitting in "formal" meditation, that you continue
            > being awake to the events of your life as they take place,
            > and if you do not simply remain in silent awareness, analyze
            > the cause of your present presence. As Kir Li Molari once said:
            > "Once you realize your have been banging your head against
            > a wall, you can stop. And this will surely end the headache."
            >
            > Peace and blessings,
            > Bob

            Ka-Blam! Nice!

            Thanks.