The different degrees of compassionate empathy

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 2012
      The different degrees of compassionate empathy:
      A : (Simply ignores her)
      B : Hey! Look at her!
      C : Do you think she needs help?
      D : Oh! The poor thing! I hope someone will help her!
      E : Maybe she hopes you are that someone!
      F : Maybe you yourself can be that someone!
      G : Maybe we should just try helping her now!
      H : Maybe I should try helping first - while the rest of you discuss!
      I : [Does not comment, and just goes forth to offer help]

      By Shen Shi'an (founder-editor of www.TheDailyEnlightenment.com )
      permission from the copyright owner.