Semi-long answer to Sri Aideenji Re: Words of Wisdom by Swami Sivananda

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2012
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Aideen Mckenna" <aideenmck@...> wrote:

      > The moon's full, isn't it?

      Here's the thing.....When I first read anything by
      Swami Sivananda, I thought it was sweet but not deep.
      Years later I read something else by him and it stopped
      my thoughts. I then found that virtually every sentence
      in every paragraph in every book of his that I read
      would stop my mental chatter and open the door to
      infinity. This sample (for "me") certainly did so too.
      Similarly, just about everything Sandeep writes also does
      this, and his "I am.......while........neither am I." did
      this as well, and with the extra bonus of a good "LOL".
      So, in this definitely full-moonish time here on Earth,
      Popeye's wisdom seemed to be exactly what fit next (it too
      stops my inner chatter, as did your observation).
      Anyway, the full moon is a great time to be empty headed
      and just to witness the remarkable things "Now" always
      offers, so let's sit back in and out of our mind and
      enjoy the show.
      PS: I have now read well over 75 of Swami Sivananda's books,
      and unsurprisingly recommend trying one on for size. It's
      words just might fit so well in your inner landscape that
      all other chatter will empty and the Universe's goodies
      will fill you up very nicely. I also recommend checking out
      Sandeep's most excellent treasure of a web site here:
      http://www.the-covenant.net/

      Words of Wisdom by Swami Sivananda

      SIT IN SILENCE

      I am neither male nor female;
      I am neither dvaita (dualism) nor advaita (nonĀ­-dualism);
      I am neither saguna (with qualities) nor nirguna (without qualities);
      I am neither seer nor hearer;
      I am neither body nor mind;
      I am neither far nor near;
      I am neither black nor red;
      I am neither thin nor stout;
      I live neither by food nor by air;
      I neither move nor stop;
      I shall neither go to hell nor to heaven;
      I neither laugh nor weep;
      I work and yet I do not work;
      I hear without ears and see without eyes;
      I smell without nose and taste without tongue;
      Few understand Me.
      He who understands Me, sits in silence.
      Sivananda says: "Mysterious is that silence.
      Drown yourself in that silence
      And be happy."