RE: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Words of Wisdom by Swami Sivananda

  • Aideen Mckenna
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 5, 2012

      The moon’s full, isn’t it?

      From: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com [mailto:meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of medit8ionsociety
      Sent: June-05-12 9:03 PM
      To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Words of Wisdom by Swami Sivananda

      Sandeep <sandeep1960@...> wrote:

      > I am.......while........neither am I.

      Excellent! And of course, there's always
      "I am what I am and that's all what I am" by Sri Popeyeji

      Message 2 of 9 , May 24, 2013
        Why Meditate

        Without the help of meditation,
        you cannot attain Knowledge of the Self.
        Without it's aid, you cannot grow
        into the divine state.
        Without it, you cannot liberate yourself
        from the trammels of the mind
        and attain immortality.
        Meditation is the only royal road
        to the attainment of freedom.
        It is a mysterious ladder which reaches
        from earth to heaven, from error to truth,
        from darkness to light, from pain to bliss,
        from restlessness to abiding peace,
        from ignorance to knowledge.
        From mortality to immortality.

        Swami Sivananda