Re: Words of Wisdom by Swami Sivananda

    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 5, 2012
      Sandeep <sandeep1960@...> wrote:

      > I am.......while........neither am I.

      Excellent! And of course, there's always
      "I am what I am and that's all what I am" by Sri Popeyeji

      > On 05-06-2012 20:23, medit8ionsociety wrote:
      > >
      > > SIT IN SILENCE
      > >
      > > I am neither male nor female;
      > > I am neither dvaita (dualism) nor advaita (nonĀ­-dualism);
      > > I am neither saguna (with qualities) nor nirguna (without qualities);
      > > I am neither seer nor hearer;
      > > I am neither body nor mind;
      > > I am neither far nor near;
      > > I am neither black nor red;
      > > I am neither thin nor stout;
      > > I live neither by food nor by air;
      > > I neither move nor stop;
      > > I shall neither go to hell nor to heaven;
      > > I neither laugh nor weep;
      > > I work and yet I do not work;
      > > I hear without ears and see without eyes;
      > > I smell without nose and taste without tongue;
      > > Few understand Me.
      > > He who understands Me, sits in silence.
      > > Sivananda says: "Mysterious is that silence.
      > > Drown yourself in that silence
      > > And be happy."

    • Aideen Mckenna
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 5, 2012

        The moon’s full, isn’t it?

        Message 3 of 9 , May 24 8:35 PM
          Why Meditate

          Without the help of meditation,
          you cannot attain Knowledge of the Self.
          Without it's aid, you cannot grow
          into the divine state.
          Without it, you cannot liberate yourself
          from the trammels of the mind
          and attain immortality.
          Meditation is the only royal road
          to the attainment of freedom.
          It is a mysterious ladder which reaches
          from earth to heaven, from error to truth,
          from darkness to light, from pain to bliss,
          from restlessness to abiding peace,
          from ignorance to knowledge.
          From mortality to immortality.

          Swami Sivananda