Heart

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1 7:53 PM
      The first step to self-knowledge is to know that
      thou art composed of an outward shape, called the
      body, and an inward entity called the heart, or
      soul. By "heart" I do not mean the piece of flesh
      situated in the left of our bodies, but that which
      uses all the other faculties as its instruments
      and servants. In truth it does not belong to the
      visible world, but to the invisible, and has come into
      this world as a traveler visits a foreign
      country for the sake of merchandise, and will
      presently return to its native land. It is the
      knowledge of this entity and its attributes which is
      the key to the knowledge of God.

      Al-Ghazali - The Alchemy of Happiness
      permission from the copyright owner.