Richard Rose (1917-2005) on Meditation

    Message 1 of 1 , May 24, 2012
      "The ultimate aim of meditation is going within.
      Going within means to find Reality by finding the
      Real part of ourselves. It does not mean merely
      the playing around inside the head with random
      observations which we think are important to
      understanding the natural mechanism of man's mind.

      "Also we come to the realization that each
      individual's going within is unique to that person.
      However there are procedures and general hints that
      will help everyone. We take this information from
      other people who have gone inside.

      "The big trouble with all forms of meditation
      is the inability to hold the mind on a given project
      long enough to achieve results...."
      permission from the copyright owner.