Meditative Wisdom of Meister Eckhart

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 13, 2012
      Some people want to see God with their eyes
      as they see a cow, and to love Him as they
      love their cow - for the milk and cheese and
      profit it brings them. This is how it is with
      people who love God for the sake of outward
      wealth or inward comfort. They do not rightly
      love God, when they love Him for their own
      advantage. Indeed, I tell you the truth, any
      object you have in your mind, however good,
      will be a barrier between you and the inmost Truth.

      Meister Eckhart (1260?-1327?)
      permission from the copyright owner.