[Meditation Society of America] Re: A Nasrudin Tale Shared by Paulo Coelho

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 5 10:02 AM
      WestWindWood <westwindwood2003@...> wrote:

      > If we do not eat we will starve to death. If there was no sex, the human race would die out in a generation. Everything in moderation.

      Of course Sri Westwingwood is correct - in moderation.
      Just joking, but semi-serious too. This concept of
      everything in moderation is not one we have experiential
      knowledge of, which doesn't make it untrue....or true.
      Can you murder in moderation? Can a woman be pregnant in
      moderation, etc. Well, when we truly are in the Tao,
      Enlightened, Satori, Christ Consciousness, etc, there
      is no question of moderation. "Surrender" of the duality
      perspective of "i am here and the rest of the Universe
      is there" can only be total or not at all. The "Light"
      that the Sufi's consider our Universal desire is One that
      removes all darkness....not in moderation.

      But then again, isn't this concept too only moderately true;
      perhaps just semantically until it is experiential?

      In any event, posting these kinds of ideas here brings sweet
      spiritual foods to the table, and that is very appreciated.
      And when meditated upon and well digested, provide good and
      healthy energy to grow on in consciousness....at least moderately.