Put It In Perspective

    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 1, 2012
      We are one of 7 billion people that are one
      of billions of species of living things on Earth.
      Our planet is one of several circling a medium
      sized star that is one of hundreds of billions of
      stars in the Milky Way. Our galaxy is one of hundreds
      of billions of galaxies in our galactic cluster, and
      our galactic cluster is one of hundreds of billions
      of galactic clusters that comprise our universe, which
      is one of an untold number of universes. So just how
      important is that problem you're worried about?

      Kir Li Molari

      According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the total population
      of the World, projected to 04/02/12 at 00:56 UTC (EST+5) is

      7,004,329,727
    • walto
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 3, 2012

        > We are one of 7 billion people that are one
        > of billions of species of living things on Earth.
        > Our planet is one of several circling a medium
        > sized star that is one of hundreds of billions of
        > stars in the Milky Way. Our galaxy is one of hundreds
        > of billions of galaxies in our galactic cluster, and
        > our galactic cluster is one of hundreds of billions
        > of galactic clusters that comprise our universe, which
        > is one of an untold number of universes. So just how
        > important is that problem you're worried about?

        Well, of the millions of neurons that could have fired, and the many trillions (indeed infinite number) of thoughts I might have had, it's the particular stuff that surfaced.

        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 24, 2012