Words of Wisdom From A Robot George Bernard Shaw

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 25 5:18 PM
      From a story by Ray Bradbury, here the robot tells
      his human friend the real facts of life:

      "What are we?" He asked. "Why, we are the miracle
      of force and matter making itself over into
      imagination and will. Incredible. The Life Force
      experimenting with forms. You are one. Me for another.
      The Universe has shouted itself alive. We are
      one of the shouts. Creation turns in its
      abyss. We have bothered it, dreaming ourselves
      to shapes. The void is filled with slumbers;
      ten billions on a billion bombardments of light and
      material that know not themselves. Among so much that
      is flight and ignorance, we are the blind force that
      gropes like Lazarus from a billion-light-year tomb.
      We summon ourselves. We say, O Lazarus Life
      Force, truly come ye forth. So the Universe, a motion
      of deaths, fumbles to reach across Time to feel its
      own flesh and know it as ours. We touch both ways
      and find each other miraculous because we are One"

      From the story titled B.B.S.-Mark V
      in the Book: Bradbury Stories ISBN 78-0-06-054488-1
      permission from the copyright owner.