Two Wishes

  • walto
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 20, 2012
      A great djinn offered George and Georgia two wishes each.

      Georgia:

      "I really wish Bob would like me--I've been in love with him sooooo long! Oh, and I want that new Lexus everybody is talking about."

      George:

      "I want to understand everything. And my second wish is to have no desires for anything, since wishing is harmful."

      The great djinn responded--Georgia, you may have your wishes, whatever good they may do you. George, you shall have nothing, for you are too prideful: you obviously want to be God.

      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 20, 2012
        "walto" <calhorn@...> wrote:

        > A great djinn offered George and Georgia two wishes each.
        >
        > Georgia:
        >
        > "I really wish Bob would like me--I've been in love with him sooooo long! Oh, and I want that new Lexus everybody is talking about."
        >
        > George:
        >
        > "I want to understand everything. And my second wish is to have no desires for anything, since wishing is harmful."
        >
        > The great djinn responded--Georgia, you may have your wishes, whatever good they may do you. George, you shall have nothing, for you are too prideful: you obviously want to be God.

        Very cool. God = the wo/man who has everything!