Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 199 , Mar 3, 2012
      We're All Enlightened People

      "In a sense, we're all enlightened people.
      There's enlightenment in us all. However,
      it's covered over and sometimes forgotten.
      The light is there already. You are not given
      the light by anyone—not even by a spiritual
      teacher. You are that light. You are the image
      of God. God made everything, everybody in
      God's image. Nobody has to give you enlightenment.
      If somebody has to give you enlightenment, then,
      one day, you'll lose it. So you're all already
      enlightened, but you don't know that, your mind
      doesn't want to accept that. If the mind accepts
      that, the mind loses its power. See? The mind
      doesn't want to lose its power. In a way, it's
      a tug-of-war between you and your mind. The mind
      wants you to be its slave. Through Yoga, you are
      learning to control the mind.

      Follow Swami Satchidananda on Twitter at
      twitter.com/SwSatchidananda for daily inspiration.
    • T Koenke Diaz
      Message 199 of 199 , May 23
        This is just so right on.  Thank you once again  :)