Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 201 , Mar 3, 2012
      We're All Enlightened People

      "In a sense, we're all enlightened people.
      There's enlightenment in us all. However,
      it's covered over and sometimes forgotten.
      The light is there already. You are not given
      the light by anyone¬ónot even by a spiritual
      teacher. You are that light. You are the image
      of God. God made everything, everybody in
      God's image. Nobody has to give you enlightenment.
      If somebody has to give you enlightenment, then,
      one day, you'll lose it. So you're all already
      enlightened, but you don't know that, your mind
      doesn't want to accept that. If the mind accepts
      that, the mind loses its power. See? The mind
      doesn't want to lose its power. In a way, it's
      a tug-of-war between you and your mind. The mind
      wants you to be its slave. Through Yoga, you are
      learning to control the mind.

      Follow Swami Satchidananda on Twitter at
      twitter.com/SwSatchidananda for daily inspiration.
      Message 201 of 201 , Jul 24
        "When even one virtue becomes our nature, the mind becomes clean and tranquil. Then there is no need to practice meditation; we will automatically be meditating always."
        Sri Gurudev Swami Satchidananda