Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 201 , Feb 28, 2012
      Leading Your Camel

      "Once, a man was riding his camel through the
      desert on his way to sell his wares. Sitting
      on the camel, he was lost in his own thoughts,
      planning where to go, whom to see, what profit
      was to be made. While he was busy planning, the
      camel was also lost in thought: 'When is this
      devil going to stop? When is he going to give
      me a little food and water?' In the same way,
      you may have your plan for doing your Yoga practices
      regularly, but your mind may be plotting something
      different. If you know that, you won't be disturbed
      or disheartened by this trick of the mind. You'll
      need confidence, and you'll need to learn to direct
      your mind by saying, 'I know your trick. I'm going
      to win over you, one day or another.'

      Follow Swami Satchidananda on Twitter at
      twitter.com/SwSatchidananda for daily inspiration.
      Message 201 of 201 , Jul 24 4:21 PM
        "When even one virtue becomes our nature, the mind becomes clean and tranquil. Then there is no need to practice meditation; we will automatically be meditating always."
        Sri Gurudev Swami Satchidananda