The End of Guilt Meditation Technique

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 28, 2012
      Several requests have been received asking
      for techniques that feature worship of a
      Divinity. Besides simply using their name
      as a Mantra, many have found that interaction
      with a Divinity has effectiveness beyond all
      other methods of prayer or meditation. Usually
      there is visualization involved, and this
      method is the basis of the technique we now
      share, but the main aspect of this type method
      is forming an ongoing relationship with "a higher
      power".
      Enjo!
      Once upon a time there was a spiritual seeker
      named Jiva. After trying many different ways to
      become pure and holy and attain enlightenment,
      he had gained a great degree of self-control. He
      was no longer blindly reactive to the actions of
      people, places and things he came in contact with.
      Nor did he squander energy with unnecessary physical
      or mental tension. Selflessness and humility had
      replaced greed and egoism and thus he spared himself
      any of the suffering that is the automatic result
      of those behaviors. And yet, Jiva still felt uneasiness
      within himself. Despite being able to experience
      states of bliss while sitting in meditation, he
      recognized that there was a sense of desperation
      deep inside that even feelings of ecstasy and glorious
      visions couldn't dissipate.

      Recognizing his need for help, Jiva journeyed to
      see his teacher, Moksha. After reaching his destination
      and being warmly welcomed, he proceeded to tell of
      his frustration, anxiety, and how this made him feel
      that he was a spiritual failure. Moksha at once knew
      the cause and cure of his student's problem. "My beloved
      Jiva, you have attained great things. You have understood
      what actions are beneficial and which are not, and on
      a conscious level, no longer do those things that
      diminish your serenity and well being. Your problem
      is a very common one and is on a subconscious level.
      You are suffering from feelings of guilt and unworthiness.
      This comes from identifying with an illusionary vision
      of who you are. Long ago you were told you had to act
      in certain ways and believe in things that you no longer do.

      For instance, it was impressed on you that if you didn't
      sit exactly the way you were taught was proper in first
      grade, you were being "a bad boy". Similarly, you were
      expected to believe in Santa Claus and were led to believe
      that this and other fairy tales were the basis of whether
      you would find life enjoyable. As a matter of fact, you
      were taught that many of your actions were "sins" and
      would doom you to hell for eternity. There were also times
      in your life that your actions caused pain or suffering
      to others and are proper to regret and never repeat. You
      have kept these things within you and have never dealt
      with them. Much like someone who has a tooth that looks
      white and healthy on the outside but has an abscess within,
      you have a need for spiritual dentistry to cleanse the
      dis-ease process within you." Moksha then taught Jiva the
      End of Guilt meditation technique. Jiva sat in meditation
      and soon purged himself of all subconscious feelings of
      guilt. He then realized the purity, wisdom, and bliss
      of his infinite, eternal Real Self, and lived happily
      ever after.

      The End of Guilt Meditation Technique:

      Sit in the position of comfort that you have come to
      know is best for maintaining meditation. Relax your mind,
      body, and emotions. Attain a rhythm of effortless breathing.
      Refocus your attention on your breath if you get distracted
      from your meditation. In your mind's eye, visualize your
      Deity. If it is one that has no human form, see the holy,
      infinite, all-powerful pure energy that represents the
      divine. If your Deity has a form, see it in as great
      detail as possible.

      For instance, if it is in a human male form, see its
      body, face, hair, eyes, hands, robe, all, as clearly as
      you can. See yourself in front of and facing your Deity,
      in a sitting, standing, or prostrating position. Visualize
      yourself covered with many, many layers of ultra fine
      energy, much like the layers of skin on an onion. Each
      of these layers were created by the process of labeling
      your actions as sins. In reality, nothing you've ever done
      has been either "good" or "bad". They have just been things
      that occurred in your life. If they could be labeled or
      judged, what they would be are opportunities to appreciate
      your universal identity and oneness with the divine.
      Misinformation and inappropriate conditioning has caused
      you to have the illusion that you have sinned by your
      physical, mental, or emotional actions and have acquired
      layers of negative energy that now cover and soil your
      pure Real Self.

      Realize that with every breath you receive, the Highest
      Power, your Deity, sends you forgiveness and blessings.
      Know that every interaction you have had with anyone else
      that you may have thought caused them to suffer, had the
      potential to help them become a stronger person and evolve
      in consciousness. Most importantly, acknowledge that not
      everything you were conditioned to believe was a sin,
      was one, and that the conditioning itself may have been
      the sin.

      See your Deity remove your guilt and convert your so-called
      sins into love. Visualize your guilt coatings melting
      off and the forgiveness and blessings of the Divine
      cleansing and healing the wounds and pain they caused.
      As they peel off, you may remember specific things that
      you have been carrying within your subconscious. Witness
      the events and the suffering they represent fade away
      and dissolve forever.

      As the final layers are peeled away, you realize that
      there is nothing left within and thus no separation
      from the Deity who is all powerful, present infinitely
      and eternally, all knowing and all love. Just like a
      bird that has escaped its shell, with no more guilt to
      bind you, you are forever free to soar the heavens and
      swim in the universal ocean of bliss. And live happily
      ever after.
    • cosmic_yogi1
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 28, 2012
        Yo! Thank you for the beautiful technique. Reading it was truly sublime.

        ONE

> [...]
        > the sin.
        >
        > See your Deity remove your guilt and convert your so-called
        > sins into love. Visualize your guilt coatings melting
        > off and the forgiveness and blessings of the Divine
        > cleansing and healing the wounds and pain they caused.
        > As they peel off, you may remember specific things that
        > you have been carrying within your subconscious. Witness
        > the events and the suffering they represent fade away
        > and dissolve forever.
        >
        > As the final layers are peeled away, you realize that
        > there is nothing left within and thus no separation
        > from the Deity who is all powerful, present infinitely
        > and eternally, all knowing and all love. Just like a
        > bird that has escaped its shell, with no more guilt to
        > bind you, you are forever free to soar the heavens and
        > swim in the universal ocean of bliss. And live happily

      • sean tremblay
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 28, 2012
          Thanks Bob