Christian Mysticism

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 29, 2011
      From the thinkunity.com web site site

      Our soul is a resident in a beautifully designed
      mind and a well-constructed physical body. In our
      worldly consciousness our mind only knows the outside
      of the home, the veneer of the body. If the ego
      continually directs the mind to the outside, the
      senses continually run around and about in service
      of the ego as it forgets the inner altar and the home
      of the soul. If the manipulation is long, the altar
      of the soul gets covered with the cobwebs of ignorance
      so in time it becomes hard for the mind to enjoy the
      peace and joy of the pure spirit. Tearing ourselves
      away from our self-created destiny, we can regain
      peace in the midst of our many activities if we direct
      ourselves to the center of our being, our soul and
      God's pure consciousness.
      permission from the copyright owner.